Frontend Engineering Manager, Reporting
What's the job and why is it so great?
As an Engineering Manager, you'll quickly see your team's work in use by over 5000+ agencies, across 130,000+ businesses that use our platform. You'll lead a small team of 3 to 5 engineers to develop the core features of our application. Together you'll create and improve widgets, dashboards, reports, and everything in between. We're comprised of small, cross-functional teams, so all of your contributions will have a big impact.
There's more details about the role below, but the short of it is:
- You'll love this job if you enjoy tackling complex problems and managing a small team to produce a polished, high-quality product.
- We'll love you if you're quick learner who's also a strong leader that focuses on the growth and wellbeing of your team.
You should also know that the benefits are great, the working arrangements are flexible, and your coworkers are all smart, determined, and friendly.
This position is 100% remote and only eligible for those who are authorized to work in Canada.
Who should apply?
If you have a strong engineering background and a passion for leading a team to create great things, you should probably apply.
You'll work closely with other teams, so you possess strong communication skills and have the ability to work collaboratively. You're also an expert at solving problems. When a complex obstacle presents itself, you embrace the challenge of finding your way around it with maximum efficiency.
As an Engineering Manager, you also provide support to your team, so you're someone who's approachable, accountable, and reliable. At AgencyAnalytics, we're kind to each other and strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture focused on delivering value to our customers. So if this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
What will your life be like?
- You'll manage and grow a small team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- You'll work with engineering leaders to continuously improve and nurture our culture, practices, and employee wellbeing.
- You'll facilitate collaboration between key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to reach the right goals and align with the company mission.
- You'll help your team achieve technical excellence by taking a hands-on approach to architecture, technical patterns, and project management.
- You'll work on complex problems, where you'll have to quickly assess, understand, and iterate upon aspects of our codebase.
- You'll prioritize multiple incoming requests and oversee projects from start to finish.
- You'll review and test pull requests to ensure work meets product requirements and code standards, as the last line of defence before deployment.
Skills you have
- You have the ability to communicate with engineers and product managers, while building trust, credibility, and mutual success across teams.
- You have a strong understanding of the challenges of working in engineering and delivering products in a remote work environment.
- You have the ability to prioritize incoming requests and protect your engineers' focus.
- You have a passion for developing positive culture with a focus on employee wellbeing.
- You have the drive to stay current with technological changes and set a high standard for yourself and the team.
- You have a strong sense for UI quality and a solid understanding of user behaviour.
- You have experience leading an engineering team of a similar size.
Who we are
AgencyAnalytics is a reporting platform that helps digital agencies automate their client reporting. We have been in business since 2010, are 100% employee-owned, and are growing fast.
On top of being obsessed with building the best product possible and helping our customers succeed, we also pride ourselves on our company culture. From weekly happy hours, employee of the month awards, profit sharing, fitness allowances, and continued learning...we're always looking for ways to take care of our team.
For anyone looking to continue building their career in SaaS, this is an opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to building a company you'll want to stay at for years to come.
AgencyAnalytics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, gender identity, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment among our team.
What we offer
- Fully remote, no location restrictions
- Profit-sharing distributed quarterly
- 4 weeks vacation
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Extended health benefits
- Continued education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Continuous events like happy hour & regular hosted meetups
Our application process
- Complete a self-assessment form (5 - 10 minutes)
- Non-technical introduction interview (15 - 30 minutes)
- Take-home code challenge
- Technical interview with Hiring Manager (30 - 45 minutes)