Director of Customer Success
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success who can step into a talented 7-person team, and who can use knowledge and experience to take our Customer Success processes to the next level. This is a role for a team leader who is passionate about working with a dedicated group of Customer Success Managers that service worldwide customers in a high-growth company. If you have a proven track record of perfecting Customer Success processes, managing and scaling teams, driving NRR improvements, and ensuring customers have a world-class experience at every stage of their journey, we want to hear from you.
As Director of Customer Success, you’ll report to the VP of Customer Success, working to provide an amazing experience for customers, fulfill departmental and company targets, and support a growing and talented team of Customer Success Managers. Like our customers, our team is global, and we enjoy a fully remote yet highly connected work environment. The culture is friendly, open, and collaborative, with regular Slack conversations, Zoom meetings, and shared projects.
Key departmental focuses include:
- Providing a range of effective engagement models, from tech-touch to high-touch account management
- Churn mitigation, with the aim of strengthening retention at every stage of each customer’s journey
- Driving expansion by ensuring customers see clear ROI and growth opportunities with our software
- Ensuring fast and smooth onboarding and adoption for all users
- Continually upskilling our team, providing them opportunities for long-term growth
- Ensuring the Customer Success department can scale and react quickly to the needs of a fast-growing SaaS company
The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading a team to achieve the above.
🇨🇦 The position is 100% remote and only eligible for those who are authorized to work in Canada.
- Lead and guide a team of Customer Success Managers to drive adoption and expansion, reduce churn, and provide a world-class experience for customers
- Implement and improve Customer Success processes, playbooks, best practices, and projects, targeting key departmental focuses
- Ensure the delivery of effective customer interactions ranging from no-touch to high-touch engagements
- Develop team members’ strengths and coach to improve weaknesses, with a focus on building strong individual contributors and strong leaders for our company’s long-term success
- Partner with Sales team to ensure users begin their journey set up for success
- Partner with Product team to ensure the voice of customers is heard and acted upon
- Partner with Customer Support team to amplify the impact of customer interactions
- Scale Customer Success team relative to our company’s growth and departmental needs
- Use data and evidence to drive decisions, processes, and projects
- Ensure the Customer Success team has the right tools and processes to prioritize their most important daily work
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling Customer Success teams and processes in fast-growing environments
- Proven history of driving customer adoption, expansion, retention, and renewals via a mixture of no-touch (tech-touch) and high-touch engagement models
- Track record of improving NRR via Customer Success interventions and through cross-departmental collaboration
- Ability to set and achieve strategy-based objectives with a team, and continually monitor and iterate to improve outcomes
- Proven ability to develop scalable processes, manage projects, and delegate work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with a keen awareness of how communication can impact a customer’s journey and perception of ROI
- People-first mindset, with strong emotional intelligence and the ability to lead through collaboration and inspiration
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with analytical and data-driven thinking, especially related to initiatives that target adoption, expansion, and churn
- Clear understanding of how technology can support a Customer Success team and its customers
- Understanding of factors that drive monthly and yearly renewals in the two-figure to five-figure MRR range
- Ability to collaborate with multiple different departments to champion the needs of customers and your team
- Not afraid to get in the trenches: You’ll have a full team handling all day-to-day customer interactions, but we believe that sometimes the best way to grow and lead is by example
- Passionate about developing and contributing to a strong, positive, and collaborative culture within the Customer Success department, where achievements are recognized and team members are well-supported to do their daily work
- Track record of coaching and developing your team’s skills to support the requirements of a growing company
- An understanding of digital marketing agencies, their needs, and common SEO/marketing channels is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks vacation
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Events like happy hours & hosted meetups
- Extended health benefits
- Education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Join a profitable, product-focused, & customer-oriented company
AgencyAnalytics is a reporting and data platform that helps digital agencies automate their client reporting.
We have been in business since 2010, are 100% employee-owned, and are growing fast. If you’re looking for a role in an exciting company that is well-established but still on a high growth trajectory, this position is for you.
On top of being obsessed with building the best product possible and helping our customers succeed, we also pride ourselves on our company culture. From regular events, employee of the month awards, profit sharing, fitness allowances, and continued learning... we’re always looking for ways to take care of our team.
For anyone looking to continue building their career in SaaS, this is an opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to building a company you’ll want to stay at for years to come.
AgencyAnalytics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, gender identity, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment among our team.